There are a few key strategies that you as a network marketer need to know. In my 8 year network marketing career, I have been an expert at failure most of the time. I am learning daily what it takes to succeed. These tips and techniques are what have been getting me more views and more leads coming in every single day and growing my business. Whether you are new to network marketing or a seasoned network marketer, these are a few ways that may be helpful to really get your business off the ground and moving in a more profitable direction.
The first 5 tips are on how to grow your following and get leads on Facebook.
- Clean up your profile. This seems very simple and it is, but so many network marketers miss the mark here. If you scroll down your news-feed on Facebook, you will see sales pitch after sales pitch. However, if you look at the successful people’s pages, you will see value and helpful content. That’s because they learned the secret. You have to not only build curiosity but you have to give value. That is not your product or service. It may be valuable to you, but just seems salesy and desperate to the people in your friend’s list. Now, this does not just pertain to Facebook. You also need to clean up your Instagram, Twitter, Linked In, and wherever else you are social online. Do this and watch people get curious about you and start asking you questions.
- Content. Once your profile is cleaned up, you have to provide valuable content that is helpful to your users. This may seem like a no-brainer, but so many network marketers are spamming all over the place. What they think is valuable is really spam. For example, if you are in health and wellness, don’t be posting your shake or supplement all over your social media. Instead, think about what you would find useful, perhaps a post on 3 tips on how to meal prep or meal plan for the week. Since it is so close to the first of the year, maybe you could do a post about 3 ways to eat healthier in the new year. Just remember that it needs to be helpful, not salesy.
- Follow people on FB. Don’t friend request strangers. This is huge! I am getting friend requests daily because of this new trick I learned. Find the people in your niche who are crushing it every day. Then find the people who are liking and commenting on their posts. I repeat, do not friend request them! What you can do is follow them (if they have their profile set to allow followers). However, don’t just follow all of them. Take a quick look at their profile and see if maybe they have similar interests in the same niche as you. Guess what happens when you follow someone? They get a notification saying so and so followed you. Do you know what that does? It makes them curious and they will likely go to your profile and check you out. Many times they will friend request you. Do you know why? Because you made them feel special by following them instead of friend requesting, which automatically puts someone on defense thinking a stranger has motives to sell them something. This works, try it.
- Use Facebook Messenger to build rapport. When you get a new friend on FB, send a quick message. Do NOT mention your business. Review their profile briefly and then ask questions. A good place to start would be something like “hey thanks for friend requesting me. I see you just got back from the beach. It looks like you had a great time. I love the beach. Do you go often?” or maybe say something like “Hey thanks for the friend request. I noticed in your profile that you have 2 boys and you homeschool, I am a mom of 3 and homeschool my youngest as well. How long have you been homeschooling?” Just something to build rapport, not make a sale. Just be a human being talking to another human being. One thing about people is they will divulge their need if you keep asking questions. You have to find their need before you can fill it. Don’t assume that you know what their need is, always ask questions. Here is a great FREE training on how to recruit more business builders using FB Messenger.
- Post in Spam Groups. If you have been in network marketing any amount of time, you have seen the Facebook MLM and Network Marketing groups. Most are full of garbage with people posting things about making $500 your first day or $10,000 your first month with no upfront money. These are garbage and totally false advertising. You will also see people in reputable MLM’s such as Mary Kay, Avon, Younique, Beachbody, etc. spamming their opportunity all over these groups, trying their best to convince you to join. Now, you may be asking why in the world I would tell you to post in spam groups. Because, you can add value in these groups. You can stand out. When everyone else is posting crap, you can post value. Stand out from the crowd. Maybe share a recent blog post you did that has value, or maybe tell your story (without divulging your company name) and what network marketing has done for you. Stories sell. Get people curious and they will come to check out your profile. Never post links in these groups. It takes all the curiosity away. Get them to comment for more info or message you for more info.
Now on to Twitter. Twitter can be a valuable place to get leads for your network marketing business as well. Here are 4 ways to effectively market on Twitter.
- Follow people that follow people in your niche. OK, so Twitter is very much about reciprocity. That means if you follow them, many times they will follow you back. Find people in your niche who have a lot of followers and are respected leaders in their arena. Go through those followers and find the ones who seem like a good fit and follow them. Many will follow you back.
- Use a service called ManageFlitter.com. There is a free and paid version. The free version is limited but still useful. There are videos on the site that teach you how to use Manage Flitter, but basically it is a service that helps you know who isn’t following you back, and who is following you. There are limits on Twitter as to how many friends you can follow. It’s no more than 1000 a day and no more than 5000 total. However, once you get 5000 followers, you can start following up to 10% more than are following you. So what do you do when you reach your maximum of how many you are following? You use Manage Flitter to see how many of the people you follow are not following you back. And then simply start unfollowing so that you can begin following new people.
- Use Zapier.com. Zapier is a cool service for sending out tweets and much more. But for this post, I will just use the example of sending tweets. So basically there is an option in Zapier to send a tweet and tag the person in the tweet when they follow you. So if you set this up in Zapier, every time you get a new follow, a new tweet will automatically go out and tag your new follower. You can customize this message to say whatever you want, but you need to make it valuable or you will get unfollowed. So perhaps offer an article you wrote or perhaps a link to a blog post you wrote that pertains to the niche they are in. You could also write an ebook (You can learn how to do that here.) and give them a free copy as a gift for following you. Whatever you choose to say, just make sure it is of value and not spammy.
- Tweet 5-7 times a day and use a picture. Twitter is very much a text site, so adding a picture will make you stand out a little more. Post things such as inspirational quotes with a picture, maybe a blog post you just created. You can also use a service called http://www.buffer.com to automate your posts. And the most important thing, make it valuable content. The marketplace pays for value and the people know if you are just trying to sell them. . Click here for a free training that goes into greater detail about marketing effectively on Twitter.
I hope that was helpful to someone. You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook by clicking either. If you have a network marketing business, great! Stay there and use the training on this website to help you grow it. If you do not currently have a network marketing business but are looking for one to get started with, I would be honored to share mine with you and schedule a call to determine if you have the qualities of the kind of person I am looking for. Just go HERE and fill out the contact form and in the comments put “schedule call” and I will contact you within 48 hours.
To your success,
Online Marketer and Home Business Builder