Posture is everything when it comes to success. If you back down, cower, and give in to other’s negativity, you will fail. Sorry if that makes you feel bad, but it’s the absolute truth. Posture is necessary to succeed in a home based business.
If you have been in network marketing for any significant amount of time, you likely have came across a few mean people. These are people who don’t believe in your dream, so they try to crush it. Or maybe they lost belief in their own dreams and they want everyone else to as well. Whatever the case, this is where your posture or lack of posture will determine the end result.
Most people fail because they give up. That’s usually the only reason they fail. It’s not because their company isn’t a good company, it’s not because the products aren’t good, or whatever. It has nothing to do with the company, product or service. It has everything to do with the person and whether or not they give up when the going gets tough, or they stick it out, learn new skills, and develop stronger posture. It’s your choice, friend. Only you can determine your success or failure in this world.
So first things first. To make a business work you have to work.
- Stay the course. Don’t give up and don’t quit. 97% of you will quit. Be the 3% that says what if, what if I stay consistent and keep doing the work anyway, even when it doesn’t seem to be working.
- Always be learning. You have to keep growing your skill set. The marketplace pays for value and skill. Learn something new every week and always be growing.
- Personal Development. This is huge. Every successful network marketer will tell you that they listen to personal development daily.
- Work on your posture daily.
Here are 4 steps to growing a stronger posture:
- When you get an objection, don’t defend yourself or your company. Defense will never get the sale. Instead ask questions. When a prospect says something like “I’m not into these MLM things”. Instead of going into how great they are and how so many people have made millions, yada, yada, yada, blah, blah, blah, ask a question instead. A question such as “What do you mean by that?” or “Can you tell me more about why you feel that way?”. Never defend, always ask questions. It gets the prospect talking and it takes the pressure off of you and them.
- Maintain your power by controlling the conversation. Don’t let the conversation get out of hand. You need to keep the power. Again, the power is held by the person asking the questions. If this is in person, make eye contact and stand up straight. If you are one the phone, stand up to talk. It automatically improves your posture when you stand up.
- If you run into someone not interested, don’t try to convince them. Instead turn it around. Say something like “Well, I see this probably isn’t for you and that’s perfectly OK, but do you know anyone who would be interested in making a few hundred dollars from home their first 60 days?” Ask for the referral if they are not interested in hearing what you have to say. However, changing the conversation to where you are no longer trying to sell them, may actually make them curious and draw them back to you.
- Don’t go into the conversation expecting an immediate sale. It takes most people more than one exposure to sign up for anything. Network Marketing is about building relationships. All of the top earners built their business on relationships. Don’t approach someone with the sale in mind. Be sincere. People can tell when you are trying to sell them on something. Stop trying to sell and start sharing.
Sometimes you have to put posture on like you do your pants in the morning. You have to make a decision that you will not crack under pressure and you will not cower under the fear. Be prepared. Preparation is the key to success.
If you want to dig deeper into mindset training and how to maintain a stronger posture to make more sales, this is a great training series by Diane Hochman that has helped many network marketers build their confidence, grow their leadership skills, and grow their influence. Get it here.
There are laws of success and once you understand those laws, nothing can stop you. When you understand the law of attraction, people will be chasing you. When you understand and apply the law of reaping and sowing, nothing will be able to stop you. Learn those laws and apply them to watch your business grow. Here is a great free place to start. Click here to unlock the laws of success for your business.
To your success,
Online Marketer and Home Business Owner